The Canadian Heart Rhythm Society (CHRS) Annual Achievement Award was created in 2012 to recognize Canadian CHRS members who have made outstanding contributions in their career within the cardiovascular heart rhythm field.
CHRS members are asked to nominate an individual:
1. Whose career has significantly aided the growth of and support to the heart rhythm field;
2. Is a member of the CHRS; although the recipient is usually expected to be a member of the CHRS, if nominated, exceptions can be considered at the discretion of the Nominations and Awards Committee in exceptional circumstances i.e.: retirement; and
3. Has highly respected attributes relative to this award.
A nomination submission must include the following documents:
1. Two letters of recommendation summarizing the candidate's highly respected attributes relative
to this award; and
2. A 1-2-page Biography of the nominee.
The award will be presented at the Canadian Cardiovascular Congress (CCC) at the CCS Award Ceremony. The winner will receive the CHRS Crystal Award, as well as complimentary annual membership dues for the following year.
A call for nominations will go out to all CHRS members with a closing date of May 1.
2016 Brent Mitchell (Calgary, AB)
2015 Charles Kerr (Vancouver, BC)
2014 George Wyse (Calgary, AB)
2013 George Klein (London, ON)
2012 Denis Roy (Montréal, QC)
The award will be presented at the Canadian Cardiovascular Congress (CCC) at the CHRS Annual General Meeting. The winner will receive an honorary plaque.
2016 Sheng He
2015 Zhi Cui (Shanghai, China)
2014 Adam Herman (Vancouver, BC)
2013 Vern Hsen Tan (Singapore, China)
2012 Christian Steinberg (Montréal, QC)